1- Pick over and rinse lentils. Add the saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to the boil, lower flame and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes until water is almost absorbed and lentils have turned yellow. Mixture will resemble a thick paste.
Information about fasting.
- Heat olive oil; add onion and sauté over low heat until limp, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, bring to a gentle boil and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
1-Measure flour into a bowl and stir in the salt and baking soda.
2-In a larger bowl, add margarine, taheen, and sugar, using a fork to mix together. Then add the flour mixture, blending together with a fork or your hands. Gradually add the water and continue to mix.
- Cut beans into 1-inch lengths, sprinkle with half the salt, add the lemon juice and toss to coat. Add just enough water to cover the beans, then set aside.
- 2 onions, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch celery leaves removed
- ½ cup water
- 3-4 garlic cloves, coarsely sliced
- ¼ cup red or green pepper, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 rounded teaspoon tomato paste
- juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup brown lentils
1 bay leaf water to cover
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup long grain rice
2 cup hot water or vegetable broth
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste