Fellowship Hours are one of the most important aspects of a fulfilling church experience. The Fellowship Hour is the time after Divine Liturgy each week when our parish serves coffee, tea, and snacks to the faithful. This is a wonderful time when attendees can relax together, catch up, and meet new people. It's also a great time for families to connect.
We are asking our members to help support St. John by hosting a Fellowship Hour once a year. This is a simple task that will require the following:
- Bring some simple snacks to church on your Sunday (for example: fruit, cookies, or pastries)
- About 30 min. before Divine Liturgy is over (around 11:45pm), begin preparing the snacks on the trays and plates available in the kitchen
- Begin preparing hot water for tea, and coffee. (Instructions are provided and Parish Council members will be available to help)
- Stay following the Divine Liturgy and make sure that the snacks and beverages are available for everyone
- Clean and put away any items from the kitchen
Frequently Asked Questions
This seems complicated, will anyone be able to help me and my family?
Yes, we will be able to provide you with everything you need, and members of the Parish Council and others will always be around to support and answer any questions.
What if I need to reschedule, or something comes up that Sunday?
It is always possible that you will sign up to host a Fellowship Hour, but a conflict may arise. If this happens, just contact the Church Office and we will make arrangements. It may also happen that a memorial luncheon or event is scheduled the Sunday that you requested. Again, you will be contacted and arrangements will be made.
I want to support the Fellowship Hour, but I don't have time to host. What can I do?
We realize that our members are very busy. If you would like to support our Fellowship Hours, but aren't able to host one yourself, you can also make a small donation to the Fellowship Hour, and the Church will coordinate things on your behalf.
How can I sign up?
You can sign up by filling out the form below, or by contacting the church office 415-661-1142.