We are excited to announce that once again St. John has organized a number of volunteer opportunities in cooperation with the SF Interfaith Winter Shelter program. For the past three years we've organized small groups to make and serve a meal for over 60 of San Francisco's homeless.
Like prior years, unless otherwise noted, we will be visiting the Kip Senior Center located at 705 Natoma St. SF, which provides homeless men a hot, nutritious dinner, case management, and community services, and a place to sleep during the cold winter months.
We have signed up to cook (at St. John’s) and distribute food (at the center) during the following dates:
- Cook at St. John’s on 11/26 (6p–8p), Distribute on Nov 27th (6p–8p)
- Cook at St. John’s on 12/17 (6p–8p), Distribute on Dec 18th (6p–8p)
- Cook at St. John’s on 1/12 (1p–3p), Distribute on Jan 13th (6p–8p)
- Cook at St. John’s on 2/19 (6p–8p), Distribute on Feb 20th (6p–8p)
- Cook at St. John’s on 3/17 (6p–8p), Distribute on March 18th (6p–8p)
Please sign up for the dates that work for you below - and bring the kids! (but don’t count the kids as spots on the signup). It’s a great opportunity to share our values with our kids and teach them the importance of Christian Service and charity.
Note: space is limited and will be made available on a first come first serve basis.