The 72nd Annual St. John Armenian Food Festival begins on Saturday, October 18, 2014 at Noon. Join us for the festivities! Celebrate authentic Armenian delicacies, music and dance from our Homeland. There will be children's entertainment. If you are interested in helping our parish before or during the event, please contact the church office 415-661-1142.
Anytime is a good time to come to the Food Festival!
Saturday, October 18
- Food will be served from 12:00noon - 9:00pm
- Armenian Dancing from 9:00pm-12:00am
- Karoon Dance Ensemble fold dance performances in the evening
- Church tours throughout the day
Sunday, October 19, 2013
- Divine Liturgy 10:30am - 12:00noon
- Food and festivities 12:00noon-4:00pm
Every year our crew prepares enough extra delicacies to fill pre-sale orders, for all of those that would like to stock up and enjoy our food from home. Pre-sale orders must be picked up from St. John Armenian church on Friday, October 17, from 1pm - 6pm.
Online pre-sale orders have been closed. Thank you and see you at the festival!
St. John is located at the corner of Olympia Way and Clarendon Ave., near Twin Peaks. Handicapped and limited parking and street parking is available. It is possible to reach St. John Armenian Church via public transportation: Exit Forest Hill station via Muni.
It takes over 100 volunteers to make the Annual Food Festival happen for the benefit of not only our parish, but also the community as a whole. We need your help to make it possible! There are opportunities to volunteer in several areas:
- Sunday, October 12th 2014 for Setup from 12 – 3pm.
- Set up of tables, chairs, booths, grilling stations, painting, cooking, etc.
- Saturday October 18th 2014 from 12pm – 9:30pm.
- Busing tables, take out food booths, cashiering, Armenian coffee service, recycling, composting, general cleaning, food service, etc.
- Sunday October 19th 2014 from 3pm – 5pm.
- Breakdown of booths, tables, chairs, packing up food service accessories and recycling.
Students: we will recognize volunteer time toward required service hours.